DISCLAIMER: This product is for advanced users only. Sensor fusion use and configuration might not be plug and play and requires integration work. Check the documentation and ask questions if necessary before making your purchase.
simpleRTK2B Fusion is a standalone board that allows to evaluate dual band RTK GNSS technology with Inertial Sensor Fusion. It’s based on u-blox ZED-F9R module and is fully compatible with Arduino and STM32 Nucleo platforms, as a shield.
The new Fusion is the latest generation supercharged with new features:
– High power XBee Socket to connect high power devices, like 4G NTRIP Client and XLR at 0.5W output power.
– Selectable UART1 / UART2 connection to the XBee socket, to be able to send UBX protocol over the air.
– Compatible with Sparkfun qwiic interface and I2C interface.
– Dual USB-C connector
– “NO RTK” LED in red color
– “GPS FIX” LED in green color
– EXTINT and TIMEPULSE available on the JST connector
Good to know:
– This product is compatible but doesn’t include multiband GNSS antenna, which is necessary to use the product.
– The module will not give good performance with a standard GNSS antenna, requires a multiband one.
– This product is compatible but doesn’t include radio, which is necessary to connect to another base.
– This board is recommended if you want to test u-blox ZED-F9R performance.
– This board has the option of mounting a backup battery to speed up the Time to First Fix and store sensor calibration data after a short power down. Note that this will not speed up the Time to First RTK fix, fresh satellite data is needed for that. If you want the board with the onboard V_BCKP battery mounted you can add the Hand Soldering Service to your cart.
– If you don’t provide RTK corrections to this module, it will have the same performance as u-blox ZED-F9L.