Terms and Conditions
- Conditions of use: ArduSimple Products may not be used in weapons and weapon systems (e.g. systems for identifying targets or for the guidance of missiles, bombs or bullets), including for testing and simulation of such weapon systems. Ardusimple’s Products are not intended for use as critical components in or in combination with (a) automated driving assistance device or system in any automotive application and mechanism, or (b) any kind of medical life-saving or life support device or system (including any device or system that is intended for surgical implant into the human body or to support or sustain life) and whose malfunction or failure to perform may result in significant injury or death to the user, or (c) any nuclear facilities, or (d) any air traffic control device, application or system, or (e) any other device, application or system where it is reasonably foreseeable that failure of the Product(s) as used in such device, application or system would lead to death, bodily injury or property damage. A component is critical when its malfunction or failure to perform may cause the failure of a device or system, or may affect the effectiveness of such device or system. Any use for which ArduSimple Products are not intended for is at customer’s risk and customer shall indemnify ArduSimple from claims resulting from such use.
- Cancellation: Cancellation fee is 10% of the total value of your order.
- Shipment: Products are shipped by ArduSimple at Customer’s cost and risk to the address indicated in the order. All our goods are sent with unpaid duties (DDU).
- Payment Terms: online prices are only valid for prepayment. Other payment terms can be requested at a fee. All bank charges for wire transfer must be borne by the Customer. If Customer delays payment, default interest will be charged monthly towards consumers at 6 (six) percentage points above the then valid base interest rate published by the European Central Bank. ArduSimple’s right to claim a higher damage caused by the default is not limited thereby.
- Incoming Inspection: Customer shall perform incoming inspection as necessary to ascertain that the Products shipped correspond to the order confirmation. Customer may reject those Products that do not correspond to the order confirmation within five (5) business days from the receipt of shipment. In the event Customer does not reject the Products within the five (5) business day period, Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the delivered Products in full.
- Return Policy: In the event that the Customer wishes to return a shipment without any warranty or incoming inspection claims, the Customer agrees to pay a restocking and handling fee of 50% of the Product price. Shipping for returned shipments is at the responsibility and cost of the Customer. Products can only be returned after receiving an authorization number which can be requested at email@example.com. Only unopened shipments in their original packaging can be returned. Products sold under a Non‑Cancellable, Non‑Returnable (NCNR) purchase order cannot be returned.
- Warranties: Ardusimple’s Product warranty applies for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of delivery for any proven defects due to bad material or poor workmanship of ArduSimple. Under the warranty, Ardusimple undertakes, at its sole discretion, to repair or, replace the defective hardware or to reimburse the purchase price for the defective hardware. It is the Customer’s responsibility to arrange and pay the return shipment of the defective hardware to Ardusimple. Return shipment will only be accepted if such shipment is approved by e-mail. Repaired or replaced hardware will be warranted hereunder only for the remaining portion of the original warranty period. Any guarantee or additional warranty, implied warranty (merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) or any return due to reasons other than the above‑mentioned is expressly excluded. Any removed hardware shall become Ardusimple’s property. The Customer shall bear the associated costs of replacement of any defective hardware (i.e. removing, transporting and reinstalling). Excluded from Ardusimple’s warranty are all defects, which result from normal wear and tear or damaging external influences (e.g. electromagnetic, electrolytic, chemical, weather, air pollution), unapproved repairs, improper maintenance or storage, failure to observe the user manual and mounting instructions, excessive loading, inappropriate or insufficient testing, inappropriate material or processes, failure to implement updates or upgrades of firmware or software as recommended by Ardusimple. Before mass‑production, Customer shall perform tests as necessary to assure that the Products are fit for the purpose intended by the Customer. A warranty claim must be made within three (3) days after discovery of the defect by Customer, otherwise Ardusimple’s warranty coverage shall not apply.
- Export Control and Regulatory Requirements: Customer represents that the Product will not be shipped to any countries subject to embargo, export controls or other restrictions under any applicable law or regulation and that he/she is not on a denied person or entity list. At Ardusimple’s request, Customer will sign a letter confirming the above.