Field Navigator allows connecting external receivers. But RTK receivers require access to a base station or a correction service to achieve centimeter accuracy, and this feature is not supported by Field Navigator.
But no worries, as we have alternative methods to overcome this limitation.
- By using mock location on your Android device
- An economical choice by eliminating the requirement of setting up a personal base station or using additional communication plugins.
- By using a RTK kit with NTRIP Plugin inside
- By connecting one of our add-ons to the Plugin socket, you can receive NTRIP or PointPerfect correction on your receiver.
- By using a base-rover set up
- If you don’t have access to an online RTK correction service (NTRIP), you can build you own base station with one of our boards, as all our boards can be configured as rover or as a base.
How to use ArduSimple with Field Navigator on Android device?
Firstly, you need to decide how you will enable centimeter accuracy in your RTK board.
Secondly, connect your receiver to Field Navigator.
- Tap on GPS receiver.
You will see three connecting options.
- If you are using Mock location on GNSS Master, tap Internal.
You will see the Accuracy is already centimeter lever because the internal GPS of your smartphone is replaced by GNSS Master via mock location.
Now you are ready to navigate and to measure the size of your farm, field or grassland with centimeter level accuracy using Field Navigator.