4G NTRIP Client Hookup Guide
The 4G NTRIP Client is the easiest way to connect your simpleRTK2B board to your preferred NTRIP service. Just plug a SIM card, configure your NTRIP credentials and SIM Card parameters, and let the module do the rest! In this guide we will explain you everything you need to know about this accessory.
The module has the following connections:
- XBee socket. This module is only compatible with High Power (HP) XBee Sockets.
- 2x uFL (also called IPEX) connectors for the radio communication. It is recommended to use both antennas for best performance.
- microSIM holder, like your mobile phone.
- Status LED:
- OFF: device OFF or in firmware upgrade mode
- ON: boot
- Fast blink (5 blinks/second): all good! device in run mode
- Slow blink (1 blink/second): device in command mode
Due to local regulations we had to design 2 variants:
- Europe: for Europe, but also Middle East & Asia, compatible with:
- 4G Bands (MHz): B1(2100), B3(1800), B7(2600), B8(900), B20(800)
- 3G Bands (MHz): B2(2100), B8(900)
- 2G Bands (MHz): B3(1800),B8(900)
- North America: For USA* & Canada, compatible with 4G and 3G networks.
- 4G Bands (MHz): B2(1900), B4(1700), B5(850), B12/B13 (700)
- 3G Bands (MHz): B2(1900), B5(850)
*Only compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile and virtual operators working on these networks. Not compatible with Verizon SIM cards.
The variants might be compatible with other countries, but there’s no easy way to generalize a name for it. If this is your case, please contact us and we will check if one of the variants is compatible with your country.
In order to configure the 4G NTRIP Client, you will have to create your own Parameters File.
Fill in the gaps and click on “Generate Parameters File”. Store this file as we will use it later. You can change the name of the file to keep in your PC different Parameters Files.