There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to change the configuration of your ZED-F9P with u-center, but sometimes you are in the field and you don’t have a laptop to do this.
In this tutorial we will show you an easy way to do this. The following list shows use cases examples:
- I have a receiver acting as a rover and I need it as a base station
- I have a receiver acting as a base station and I need it as a rover
- I want to change my base station survey in configuration
- I want to set my base station fixed coordinates (ECEF)
- I want to set my base station fixed coordinates (geodetic)
This tutorial can be used if you have any GNSS receiver based on the ZED-F9P and you communicate with it from an Android smartphone/tablet via one of our plugins:
- USB OTG → install Serial USB Terminal app
- BT → install Serial Bluetooth Terminal app
- BLE → install Serial Bluetooth Terminal app
- WiFi → install Serial WiFi Terminal app
Steps 1 and 2 only need to be done one time.
If you have any of our Professional Kits purchased from November 2022, you can start directly from step 2.
- Load the Bluetooth on simpleRTK2B or simpleRTK2Blite configuration file.
The configuration file and instructions on how to do it can be found here
- Open any of the installed apps, go to the Settings menu > Send > set Edit mode as HEX.
These steps (from 3) need to be done every time you want to change your GNSS receiver configuration:
- Power your GNSS receiver
- Open your USB/Bluetooth/WiFi Terminal app and connect your device
- Visit our configurator site, configure your receiver as desired and press the Copy command button
- Paste the copied command on the Terminal app and press the send button
- That’s all! You can now disconnect from the Terminal app and use your normal workflow