Centimeter Level Augmentation Service (CLAS) is a free service in Japan, providing centimeter level correction data for your RTK receiver. This correction data is provided via L6 band (L-band) broadcasted by QZSS satellites.
If you are in Japan, just:
- Plug ArduSimple CLAS Corrections L6 receiver onto your XBee socket
- Check that your ZED-F9P has firmware 1.30 or newer
- Configure UART2 to accept UBX protocol in at 9’600bps
- Wait a few minutes and start enjoying high precision GNSS.
Good to know:
– This board includes u-blox NEO-D9C
– The product includes an RF-splitter so you only need 1 antenna for both your RTK receiver and the L-band receiver. If you want you can also connect to separate antennas, one for the RTK receiver and another one for the L-band receiver.
– You will need a good L-band (L6) antenna to receive the correction stream like Calibrated Survey GNSS Tripleband + L-band antenna (IP67) or Lightweight helical GNSS Tripleband + L-band antenna (IP67)
– This XBee accessory is only compatible with u-blox ZED-F9P and ZED-F9R boards (simpleRTK2B series).