In this post we will show you how to update the firmware of the ZED-F9P in your simpleRTK2B board.
Note: For non Windows 10 users, if you have problems after updating the firmware, check this thread: https://www.ardusimple.com/question/windows-recognizes-the-board-as-unknown-device/
Before starting we will assume that you can communicate with your simpleRTK2B via u-center.
If this is not your case, install the drivers and software shown in the hookup guide.
Follow these steps to update your firmware:
- Download the latest firmware from u-blox site: https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/zed-f9p-module#tab-documentation-resources in the Firmware Update section
- Connect the simpleRTK2B with your computer via the POWER+GPS USB connector
- Run u-blox u-center
- Connect to the proper COM port
- Go to Tools > Firmware Update…
- Select the .bin file of the firmware you downloaded in step 1
- Make sure to select the options as shown in the image below:
- Click the GO button
- Wait until the process is completed (it may take 1-2 minutes)
To check the version of your firmware, follow these steps:
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 from the previous list
- Go to View > Message View
- Navigate to UBX > MON > VER
- You can read the firmware version in the window: