We are very excited today to make this new product announcement. Not only because we think it’s an excellent accessory for simpleRTK2B, but also because it’s a joint collaboration with one of our customers. Let us tell you more.
A few months back we spotted in our forum a customer that was developing a NTRIP/TCP/UDP WiFi client/server/caster based on ESP32. It was the perfect accessory for our beloved simpleRTK2B:
- NTRIP/TCP/UDP WiFi client/server compatible with XBee footprint
- Configurable through a web interface (no need for command terminals or a PC to configure it)
- Lower cost than 3G/LTE plug-in if you have access to WiFi network
- Removes the need of an NTRIP/TCP/UDP client/server on the smartphone/PC
- For advanced programmers, the possibility to have an ESP32 to write your own application.
So after a few conversations we decided to start working to launch the product together.
An accessory developed by a customer, but commercialized and with the availability and warranty from ArduSimple.
So what is it exactly? It’s a:
- XBee compatible plug-in
- With WiFi 2.4GHz
- It comes pre-flashed with a web interface to configure NTRIP client/server/caster or TCP client/server, and through which WiFi it should access internet.
- It’s open source and it’s getting regular software updates through its GitHub: https://github.com/nebkat/esp32-xbee/releases
- You can also write your own ESP32 code
- Pinout information: https://github.com/nebkat/esp32-xbee/wiki/Pinout
And starting now, it’s in stock and available for purchase in our store: WiFi NTRIP Master.