Are you doing your own PCB design but are not planning thousands of units in production? Don’t get in trouble assembling expensive SMD components: in case something else goes wrong in the design/production, you don’t want to throw the expensive part to the trash.
The ArduSimple Micro form factor gives you a lot of advantages to accelerate your project and reduce your total cost and risk:
- Allows you to re-use expensive SMD components in case something goes wrong.
- Takes care of all the RF complexity so you only need to worry about connecting an antenna directly to the module.
- Delay the money invested for the expensive part. Produce 100pcs of your low cost board without GNSS/RTK receiver, and only when boards are with you an tested you can buy the 10-20 GNSS/RTK boards that you need.
- Solder by hand ZED-F9P or Septentrio module
- Re-use ZED-F9P or Septentrio module in case something goes wrong, or you simply want to upgrade your design with new generation features
- Use the same PCB design for both ZED-F9P and Septentrio Mosaic.