Are you a fan of Septentrio PinPoint GIS software and would like to connect your simpleRTK3B board via Bluetooth? Just follow these basic steps:
- Connect via USB to your board and access its Web Interface (check out the simpleRTK3B hookup guide if you don’t know how)
- Go to the Menu Bar > Communications > Serial Port, and change COM2 baudrate to 38’400bps.
- Go to the Menu Bar > NMEA/SBF Out, and enable NMEA serial streams on COM2. Usually GGA, VTG and RMC are the one used by most applications.
- Optional: if you want to see satellite data you can also enable GSV. But careful, the bluetooth bandwidth is limited, if you enable this message no more than 1Hz.
- Store this data in flash so it remains after switch off.
You can now open PinPoint GIS and connect your receiver via Bluetooth.