I have a simpleRTK2B Rover with the Wifi NTRIP XBee ESP32 sitting on the main board and a Shield with the XBee Bluetooth. The board is configured with the standard rover config file. I run the farming app FieldBee on a Lenovo Tablet. This app requires bluetooth connection. Hence the shield + Bluetooth XBee.
Everything connects fine. A smartphone wifi hotspot provides internet access. The XBee wifi NTRIP connects to the smartphone hotspot and the tablet is connected via bluetooth for navigation. For configuration of the Wifi Ntrip Xbee I connect on 192.168.4.1. This shows WiFi (smartphone) = OK, Wifi (XBee hotspot) = OK, All UARTs as is/was baud 115200. NTRIP client connected and recieves data. NTRIP checker app – on iphone, confirms following messages are recieved from the Caster in question: 1005,1077,1087,1097,1127,1230, 4072. Caster Baud is also 115200. Rover Antennae is in open sky. However, the No RTK light is on. Any obvious errors on my side?
You seem to be missing the RTCM message with the base station position, usually 1005.
A few more checks:
1. Confirm that zed-f9p is receiving these corrections via UBX-RXM-RTCM message
2. Confirm that your signal levels are strongh enough to calculate rtk: https://www.ardusimple.com/gps-gnss-antenna-installation-guide/
3. Confirm that the base station is within 35km
Hi – Thanks for your response.
1. Hmm, so no: UBX-RXM-RCTM is empty. BUT XBee config in 192.168.4.1. says NTRIP client connected and recieves data.
2. Signal level a bit mixed now – Got an antenna just out the window and up on the roof. In my field tests, I had open sky and still “No RTK”. i presume it is rather related to 1.
3. Yes. Local SNIP caster. Data format issue? Can provide login for message test/review. For the record: "NTRIP checker app – on iphone, confirms following messages are recieved from the Caster in question: 1005,1077,1087,1097,1127,1230. Caster Baud is also 115200".
Are you sending GGA to the caster? Some casters need this, use our configuration file to send position back to caster: http://www.ardusimple.com/configuration-files
Another thing to check is the terminal available at POWER+XBEE at 115’200bps. This will provide debug data from the WiFi module.
Please login or Register to submit your answer
replied 10 months ago
Hi – Thanks for your response. I do actually have 1005 included. Still the «no RTK» light is on.