I didn’t save the moving baseline configuration before updating the firmware. Is there a link to a valid moving baseline configuration file? I can connect to the simpleRTK2B but the UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED messages don’t show moving baseline enabled in ucenter. The simpleRTK2Blite is connected to the xbee socket and seems to be working.
This should be suitable for the “moving base” device, the other would be a standard “rover”
Basically a Rover, but with 1077, 1087, 1097, 1127, 1230 and 4072.0 enabled
The moving base device reports position via NMEA, UBX-NAV-PVT or UBX-NAV-HPPOSLLH (when enabled), the rover device then reports relative position via UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED (when enabled)
If you have a different firmware, ignore the warning it will key on ROM or EXT version.
Thank you. I am still having trouble with getting the rover to report relative position via UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED. I have the message enabled in u-center but only GPS ToW is updating. I have a few questions.
- Which UART on the simpleRTK2B is the simpleRTK2BLite communicating on and at what baud rate? I feel like the problem may be in UART communication configuration on the simpleRTK2B board, not sure how to debug that.
- How long does it take the moving base (simpleRTK2BLite) to start sending position reports typically? Does it need to acquire a specified level of accuracy before reporting position?
Both boards are in working order when connected to u-center independent to one another.
Ok, try this, outputting RTCM3 on UART1 @ 38400
simpleRTK2BLite as Moving Base
simpleRTK2B as Rover
Check if Rover is getting RTCM3 messages via UBX-RXM-RTCM3 reporting, should see 4072.0 message
UART2 of the simpleRTK2BLite should connect to the Radio (76800 baud?)
UART1 pushes through the bottom socket, receiving in UART2 of simpleRTK2B (38400 baud)
Not sure of the GST side, VCC, GND, perhaps to I2C
Can you please post both conf files for the base and one for the rover
Thought I’d linked to ArudSimple’s examples earlier
What radio baud rate?
The “Base” should function the same as before.
In the Rover#1(simpleRTK2BLite)/Rover#2(simpleRTK2B)
Rover#2 should be the same as before, but you’d want to enable the UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED to understand how it is orientated.
Rover#1 gets a different configuration as a “Moving Base” where it is like the Rover, but outputs RTCM3 1077, 1087, 1097, 1127, 1230 and 4072.0 messages to UART1 at a rate the same as you’re normally doing on the radio on the main board.
Just to make sure I get it right and it can work.
I have tree simpleRTK2B.
1. Acts as a base station at my farm. And sending correction data to the rover via radio. (Here I use the standard conf file from ardusimple (Basestation))
2. Is mounted on the tractor and work as a Moving Base with a radio to the base station on UART2. Here I use the standard conf file from ardusimple (Rover). But with modifications as following.
2.1 I go under UBX – CFG (Config) – MSG (Message) and UART1 select enable on 1077, 1087, 1097, 1127, 1230 and 4072.0 right?
2.2 Then under UBX – CFG (Config) – PRT (Port) UART1 under Protocol in select “none” and Protocol out select “0+1+5 – UBX+NMEA+RTCM3” and Baudrate “115200” I need UBX+NMEA for the absolute position for on my Arduino for steering.
3. Is mounted on the tractor and work as a Rover. But this one is only giving me the heading, right?
And wiring from Moving Base UART1 tx to Rover UART2 rx, right?