Is the following configuration possible?
- Module A is an RTK base station.
- Module B is an rover reporting relative position to module A and at the same time it is an moving base station.
- Module C is an rover an reports position relative to module B.
Yes, what you describe is one of the use cases of ZED-F9P. This is possible starting from firmware HPG 1.10.
And do the xbee modules support such approach too? Module B needs to be connected to two different other modules at the same time.
Module A is a fixed base station? Module B and C are rovers, are they both in a moving frame?
What are you trying to calculate? Relative position between B and C?
If you describe with more detail your planned setup we will be able to help you 🙂
Yes. Module A is meant to be a base station. A moving module B needs to know position relative to A. And a moving module C needs to know position relative to B.
Yes, this setup is possible:
– We recommend to do the connection between A and B via radio link, and between B and C with a cable.
– If you prefer to do everything over radio link, XBee allows such implementation, but the range and bandwidth will be significantly reduced. We highlight this as usually for connection between B & C it’s interesting to increase the data rate to have the relative angle more than 1 time per second.
OK, this is exactly the kind of caveat I wanted to know about. It means I need to set up an alternative communication channel from B to C. Which is doable, but requires some extra effort. Thanks for the information.