would it be possible to release some CAD models / drawings (especially mounting holes position and position of connectors) of the board to allow easier design of a custom case ?
Also I can add that the location of the holes on the PCB are not the best ones in the world !
so the SMA connector on my board is not the one one the CAD 3D model, nor on the picture of the board on the website…. (and the one I have makes it more difficult to make a case…)
Yes, the SMA of the CAD is not the same that we used in production, we didn’t want to delay the production and we had to source a plan B. We will update the CAD as soon as we can. Sorry for that.
Thanks for the confirmation. A new version is printing right now… I will share it once I’m happy with the result ! I’ve only edsigned the bottom part at the moment.
STL file here (bottom part only) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy0wig75h0ssx4q/ArduSimpleRTK_Case_LR_Bottom_v1.stl?dl=0
any reason why you didn’t post the top part?
I would like to print it for myself :))
Maybe it’s not finished yet?
Right, the top part of the case is not finished designing yet… I will do it next WE probably. I was first concerned by being able to protect the board and hang / fix it somewhere when testing.
I actually found time to give a first try, but this is not print tested at the moment : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnmw9zx31aenbpx/ArduSimpleRTK_Case_LR_Top_v1_untested.stl?dl=0
I used your case as a template.
I removed the hole for the antenna of the XBEE because I have an XBEE Bluetooth module without external antenna.
Do you mind if I share it here as well for others who might have the same situation?
Those bolts/nuts. Are these 3 mm ? And if so which lenght do you have?
No problem for me sharing it here ! I saw that there is a new github repository. Probably those case would be better stored over there !
I’ll make a pull request once I have tested the top part case, and also will share the .f3d file as it makes much easier for modifying things…
Please login or Register to submit your answer
replied 4 years ago
I just started designing and printing a case (3D printing) for the ardusimple, and I guess that the 3D model is quite inacurate.
e.g. the GNSS SMA connector has probably changed since the CAD file available on the web site andis not at the same vertical location…
Will have to redo… I should have checked dimensions once the calliper was out (to accomodate the LR xbee side)