There was a thunderstorm near me and after that my RTK”b (base) was bricked. I had to do hack #3 to connect my device. I managed to connect through POWER+XBEE now, but firmware update seems to be failing. Everything looks fine during firmware update, but after that CFG-MON-VER says:
ROM BOOT 1.01 (8ce83d)
There was one time I managed to somehow update firmware, but configurations couldn’t be changed, POWER+GPS was not making connection and after re-powering RTK2B CFG-MON-VER was empty again. So I had to do hack #3 again.
Is there anything to do or is my device scrap now?
Had to change the baud rate for UART1 and now CFG-MON-VER says firmware is up to date. Uploaded default ardusimple rover configuration succesfully, but POWER+GPS usb connector is still dead.
Solved the issue: Had to change the baud rate of connection after firmware update to see MON-VER. Then succesfully uploaded configuration file. And then changed baud rate again to save configuration.
I think hack # 2 and # 3 instructions should mention about choosing the right baud rate.
I’m not sure if this is related above, but my W10 laptop is not recognising POWER+GPS-usb connection anymore. Ucenter at my table computer (W10) works fine with POWER+GPS though. Any thoughts what would cause that?
Tried with another RTK2B and it connects fine with usb to my laptop.
Found out that I had another RTK2B connected to table computer same time…
So… Problem is now, that USB (POWER+GPS) connection is not working. RTK2B is powering up from it, but no COM port is visible in Ucenter, or other applications. Tried with different computers and cables. My other RTK2B devices work flawlessly, so the problem is not the computer.
Everything seems to be fine on the board; no visibly damaged components.
I would appreciate any help given.
hi kaupoi, did you resolve it? do you have any new findings?
I haven’t done anything to it since. I just don’t know what to do about it.
A few checks:
1. Did you try any of the hacks on this board?
2. Could it be that a firmware upgrade was interrupted?
3. Do you have a TTL to USB converter? Can you try to communicate to the board via UART1?
1. Hack #2 works so that I can connect to board.
2. Firmware is succesfully updated to v1.13.
3. Thought thar hack #2 does the same job, connect to UART1?
Problem is that POWER+GPS connection is not working. Windows is not recognising the COM port. I’ve tried with different computers too.
From your description I understand that UART1 is working, it’s just that the USB interface is not recognized by the pc. If this is the case.
4. Is the GPS configured at 1Hz or at 10Hz? If at 10Hz, please reconfigure to 1Hz, store config, reset and try again.
5. Can you check via UART1 if you are experiencing buffer overflow? you should see in the middle of the NMEA stream GPTXT messages if this is your case.
Yes, you understood right.
4. I’ve tried both. Tried again by uploading simpleRTK2B_FW113_Rover_1Hz-00.txt -file. Saved at UBX-CFG-CFG. It’s sending 1Hz. (5. No GPTXT messages at NMEA stream) Removed hack #2 and attached usb cable between POWER+GPS and computer. No COM-ports visible at Ucenter.
Then seems a failure on the USB interface. If you can send pictures of the board, specially from the USB area to email@example.com we will start the return process for checkup.