Ardusimple rover configuration with LR radio seems sending instead of receiving

Q&A forumCategory: QuestionsArdusimple rover configuration with LR radio seems sending instead of receiving
hcwinsemius asked 2 weeks ago

Dear ardusimple lovers,
I have been using a set as base and rover station for a while, using an NTRIP connection instead of LR radios. I am now trying to revert the configuration to the original pre-configured config with communication over LR radios. The base station seems to work with GPS->Xbee LED flashing. The rover however does not seem to work appropriately. It seems as if it is trying to send data instead of receiving, because the GPS->XBee LED is flashing, while the XBee->GPS light should be flashing.
Any chance anyone knows what’s wrong? We tried the default rover .txt file from github, but this doesn’t seem to resolve the issue.
Cheers,
Hessel

hcwinsemius replied 2 weeks ago

I forgot to mention the settings:
– both rover and base updated to firmware 1.12
– base and rover use the default configuration files from the ardusimple github repos
– we tried changing the UART1 baud rate to 115200, but to no avail

Ardusimple Staff replied 2 weeks ago

Interesting case because you are the second user claiming the same, but we are trying to reproduce it without success here. A few questions:
1. Can you check your last message above? Last sentence seems unfinished.
2. Which u-center version are you using?
3. XBEE>GPS led should be flashing anyway on the rover, if your base is configured properly. Can you confirm this is the case?
4. Which filename from github exactly did you use?
5. Can you describe the steps to upload the firmware? E.g. which was the configuration before uploading the firmware, do you store configuration in BBR/Flash during update, etc?

hcwinsemius replied 6 days ago

Hi all, sorry for the long silence. I was travelling and also had a few days leave.

Thanks for the response. We updated now to u-center 19.10 which does seem to improve things. We now have Xbee -> GPS blinking which seems a good sign. However, we still don’t get a fix on the rover.
We had the firmware version 1.11 before updating, and now 1.12. I tried reverting to 1.11 which did not work. We follow the exact procedure as described on https://www.ardusimple.com/zed-f9p-firmware-update-with-simplertk2b/
I have pasted the exact (relevant) settings below. Any chance you can have a look and help us out?

RTK with antenna setup

U-centre 19.10
U-blox generation 9 / version 1.12 (both)

BASE:
Messages to uart2:
Rtcm3. 1005 / 1074 / 1084 / 1094 / 1124 / 1230

Ports:
Uart2
In: 5-rtcm.3
Out: 5-rtcm.3
Baudrate: 115200

Usb
In: 0+1+5-UBX+NMEA+RTCM3
Out: 0+1+5-UBX+NMEA+RTCM3

Tmode3: 1 survey-in
Min: 120 sec
Req: 2.5m

NMEA:
CFG-NMEA-DATA2
Version 4.1
Mode flags: Consider mode

ROVER:
Messages to all:
NMEA gxgga / gxgll / gxgsa / gxgsv / gxrmc / gxvtg

Ports:
Uart2
In: 5-rtcm.3
Out: 5rtcm.3
Baudrate: 115200

Usb
In: 0+1+5-UBX+NMEA+RTCM3
Out: 0+1+5-UBX+NMEA+RTCM3

Tmode3: 0-disabled

NMEA:
CFG-NMEA-DATA2
Version 4.1
Mode flags: Consider mode

RESULT

BASE:
Leds:
No rtk = on
GPS fix = blinking
GPS > xbee = blinking
Xbee > GPS = off

Messages view: only NMEA
UBX – RXM – RTCM = empty

ROVER:
Leds:
No rtk = on
GPS fix = blinking
GPS > xbee = off
Xbee > GPS = blinking

Messages view: only NMEA
UBX – RXM – RTCM = empty

Phone:
Nothing displayed in ppm commander
SW-maps: accuracy of +/- 3m